Your Tanzanite is your delight and will bring you a lifetime of pleasure – and appreciate in value long after the last stones are lifted from the earth. As Tanzanite is delicate it should be treated gently and with care, so here are some tips.
- Avoid wearing your jewellery during activities that may knock, chip or SCRATCH the Tanzanite.
- To minimise the risk of damage, rings should be worn as OCCASION pieces rather than everyday wear.
- For optimum care, STORE each item of Tanzanite jewellery (even individual earrings) separately in soft material pouches or padded bags.
- The best cleaning method is to SOAK the Tanzanite in room temperature water containing a neutral soap, rinse under room temperature running water and dry using a soft cloth. Rinse under room temperature running water.
- Avoid extreme TEMPERATURE variants when cleaning your stone.
- Tanzanite should be taken to a REPUTABLE JEWELLER to be professionally cleaned, but never in an ultrasonic cleaner.
- AVOID STEAM CLEANING and contact with acids as Tanzanite is easily attacked by hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acids.
- Tanzanite is a FRAGILE STONE, so is best set in less exposed pieces of jewellery like pendants or earrings, or in rings and bracelets in a low setting which will protect it.
- At least once a year, take your jewellery to a reputable jeweller to CHECK THE SETTING.
- When making any ALTERATIONS, repairing or resizing, the Tanzanite should first be removed from the setting.